Thursday, August 1, 2013

Pharmacy Madness

     Well a few good things have been going down with school lately.  School definitely has been keeping me busy this last didactic quarter.

     First off, some girls and I presented a poster at the Arizona Pharmacy Association annual meeting.  It was a poster that we had worked on for our class of Alternative Medicine.  Nothing to fancy, but since we took pictures, better document it.



     Next, I was inducted by some of my professors and classmates into Phi Lambda Sigma Pharmacy Leadership Society.  Ten to 15 students get inducted every year for their leadership shown in the field of pharmacy.  Pretty cool deal since I was one of the 12 out of 300 students inducted this year. It is always nice to have my hard work be noticed, but to also know that there are people out their who see your potential as a leader.  This year has definitely been a motivating year to be a leader, especially with some very inspirational professors that I have been able to grow a close relationships with.  






     Every year, as the second year comes to an end for pharmacy students, their class puts on a "Pharmacoformal" aka pharmacy formal to celebrate our times together, since we are all headed out on our rotations.  Unfortunately Ryan was was gone, so I went stag with one of my good friends.  It was so much fun to be with all of my classmates outside of the classroom, aka seeing all of them a little "tipsy."  Pretty sure I was the only sober one, but it made for some good laughs.  It was put on at a very nice country club that had great food and we danced the night away.  Needless to say my feet were so sore the next morning from dancing, that I could hardly walk.  But it was a great night with amazing friends.  Have I ever told you of the wonderful people here in Arizona?  It saddens Ryan and I that we only have 9 months left of this wonderful journey in Arizona.  The people here have definitely changed our lives and friendships have been made here that will last forever.  Here are some pictures of the night....










     Well here is to 9 more months left of this 4 year journey here in Arizona for Ryan and I.  Before you know it we will be walking across the stage to graduate.

1 comment:

  1. First - you're amazing! So glad you've gotten some recognition for all your hard work. Second- let's not talk about this whole 9 months left situation. I want to cry just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete