Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Best Birthday Weekend!

     Wow, how February has gone way to fast!  This last weekend, The Anderson's came to visit, my sister Jami, Brad, and Harper Jo.  Friday was my birthday and Saturday was Brad's.  We have just been so lucky to be able to celebrate our birthdays together for the past 6 years....haha.  Ryan had a very busy weekend because this week is the end of the quarter for him so that means.....FINALS!  So while Ryan was busy studying away, my family was here to entertain me and celebrate my birthday weekend!!!
We started off the celebration by waking up to this cutie pie!
    
     Then Ryan headed to class so we headed to the mall to do some shopping.  I found some new black boots that my sister bought me!  After the mall we headed to the Harley Davidson shop for Brad.  After a fun day of shopping we went and ate at the Elephant Bar.  It is an Asian/American restaurant.
waiting for our table
    
     After eating, we came back to our apartment and opened presents.  Ryan got me some movies and a new CTR ring!   Then, Jami made Brad and I our family tradition Red Velvet Cake!  It was amazing, of course!   After a long day of playing, we all went to bed and woke up on Saturday for Brad's Birthday.  Brad wanted to take Harper Jo to the Phoenix Zoo, but unfortunately it was raining that day.  We haven't received any rain for months, so of course it has to rain when family comes and visits.  So we went to the Sea Life Aquarium instead.  I enjoyed it a lot, but it was so fun to see Harper Jo look at all of the fish and talk to them!
Looking at the Star Fish on the rock

I love this picture, she is the cutest little girl ever!
Tiger Shark
Sea Horse
     One fun fact that I learned at the Aquarium is that the male Sea Horse carries the babies!  We saw so many fish and sea creatures, it was a blast!
The Anderson's
     After the aquarium, Ryan and I were able to babysit Harper Jo while Jami and Brad went to the movies!  It was a lot of fun, kind of crazy at times to take care of a 9 month old but we all survived!
Ryan teaching Harper to play the piano
What they both do best.....make messes and study
     It was such a fun weekend, I was sad that it actually rained while they were down here, but it was the best trip ever.  Monday morning rolled around and we had to say goodbye, but in a couple of months we will see them again!  Thanks for a great birthday weekend Ryan and the Anderson's.  I have the best family in the whole world!

No comments:

Post a Comment