Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Spring BREAK!!!

     Wahoo!!! That's right! It's Spring Break down here in sunny Arizona!  Who would have thought that in February/March it would be a sunny 75 degrees?  Well first off lets just say that my Hubby is Awesome! He finished his second quarter of Med School and finished it strong...lets just say if someone can get two 98% on their finals and also get A's on the other ones as well, someone is just ridiculously smart...haha!  He did so good and I was very proud that he survived 6 tests in 5 days.   So to celebrate the end of the quarter and spring break we decided to hit up SIN CITY aka LAS VEGAS!!!!  It was a trip much needed for the both of us and only a few hours away.  While we were down there we stayed at the Monte Carlo....
   
     After we walked around for a few hours and got some great 1/2 priced tickets for an amazing show (see later) we got all beautified and went and ate at an AMAZING buffet.  Now usually I am not a fan of buffets because I think the food just isn't good, but this one was different.    There was ENDLESS prime rib, crab legs, shrimp, all types of beef, all flavors of chicken, stir fry, and more meat!!! If you didn't all know, I love meat!  When I go out I never order a salad, it's a steak please!  So after we stuffed our face with endless plates of food, we had to stock up on dessert.  So we got a sample of almost everything...
     We had coconut cream pie, ice cream, chocolate covered apple, chocolate dipped strawberries, cheesecake, eclairs, strawberry shortcake, and anything else you could image!
We were so stuffed!!
     We could hardly walk after we got done eating, but we were ready for our main event that night......
     It was so GOOD!  I love musicals, but this is probably one of my favorites! I grew up with my dad always listening to the cassette tapes of this musical on road trips and have loved it ever since.  I would recommend this show to anyone!  The actors, the stage, chandelier, and the best part of all was the orchestra were terrific!  They had the orchestra underneath the stage and added in a little bit of electric guitar. The music was fantastic! We also had amazing seats and got the tickets for 1/2 off.  It was definitely one of the best shows ever!
Waiting in line to go into the theater
    
     Also something that was way fun was it rained on us the whole way while we were driving to Vegas and I loved it!  I miss seeing all of the storms come in and just pour or snow in Idaho, but while we were driving I was just loving all of the heavy rain clouds and hearing the rain.  On the way out of the show that night it SNOWED on us in Vegas for just a little bit!  It was hilarious to see all of the girls wearing their skimpy outfits being terrified cause it was snowing, needless to say I was laughing pretty hard.
     Our original plan after going to Vegas was to head to St. George on Sunday and see my grandparents and then go hiking in Zions National Park but due to the bad rain storms... that didn't happen.  So Sunday we woke up and took our time driving back and saw some cool landmarks like the....Hoover Dam.  They just got done finishing the new bridge in October, so we took some time to walk around.  It is just simply amazing the engineering that went on to build everything.


Sorry for how scary I look, I didn't want to get ready to sit in a car
     Since, we didn't go to St. George, we decided to still go hiking!  There is a pretty big mountain/hill in Scottsdale called Camelback Mountain and since Ryan and I have been into trail running we went and tried it out.  It was a pretty awesome hike and a lot of fun rock climbing.
If you squint and then tilt your head you can see it looks like a camel...haha
     We climbed up to the very top!  It was an awesome work out and a lot of fun.   There are HUGE homes all around and up the mountain. 
Doing some rock climbing
     There was a pretty nice trail about half way and then to get to the top was just climbing through some good sized rocks like the picture has.  They had blue dot marks painted on the rocks and there were a few times that we were climbing and couldn't go anywhere because there were just drop offs on both sides due to us not following the paths....it was pretty funny.
Ryan pointing in the direction we live

We found a lizard in between the rocks....it may not look like it but it was pretty big!
It was so nice it let me take a pic with it...ps do not look at my cheesy/nasty smile
     It has been a great few days of vacation!  Sad to say I must go to work to pay the bills, but we can't wait for this weekend!  Ryan's sister Tiffany and her little family are coming to visit us for the weekend! We are super excited!

     Oh  and some more great news!!!  I start school up in 3 MONTHS! I am so excited, you have no idea! I miss school and can't wait to get back to learning!  Also, we celebrated our 7 month anniversary!!!  Pretty crazy how time flies while you are going to school, working, and playing in the sun!

3 comments:

  1. Man sounds like you guys have been having a pretty fun break! And I can't believe you went to see The Phantom of the Opera!! That is my favorite musical too :D My mom use to play the songs on the piano while I sang them haha good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Spring Break! Looks like you had so much fun and I'm so glad! You'll have to tell me how you got those tickets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. kali!! I love your blog and I miss yoU!! How are you?? You look like you guys have been doing great in the warm weather!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete