Thursday, April 7, 2011

Addiction

     Addiction is defined as....physically and mentally dependent on a particular substance, and unable to stop taking it without incurring adverse effect.  I have realized that Ryan and I do not watch a whole lot of TV, but when we get watching a good series like PRISON BREAK or GREY'S ANATOMY, we are complete addicts.  When it means that we get one less hour of sleep because we can't go to bed till we have watched an episode, we are addicts.

     It all started when we first moved down to Arizona.  We didn't even have local channels yet to our TV so we got Netflixs, which we LOVE.  Totally worth the $10 a months.  So we found a series called PRISON BREAK!  Oh boy anyone who has not seen it needs to!  It is by far the best series I have ever seen.  But I have to give a warning that it is not possible to just watch one episode at a time.  There are 4 series with like 20 or so episodes and yes, it only took us less then the first month of medical school to watch the whole series!

     Not only are these two men sexy, yes I have admitted that to Ryan, but the genius who wrote this has an amazing imagination.

     Then, we had a few months of break till I started looking on Netflixs for another series that I stumbled upon Grey's Anatomy.  Now my sister and her husband would always talk about this show and when I would go and stay the night with them I would catch an episode or two but that was like 2  years ago.  I watched the first episode one night and was totally hooked!  I think it hit a little close to home since Ryan will be an Intern in less than a few years and who knows what he will be doing for residency.  I also have to admit that I have always loved Patrick Dempsy, even before this whole series, but he is just as good looking as I remember.  We are currently on the fifth season and love it.

     Probably my favorite part of the show is stating what the drugs do when they say their name and Ryan will tell me about the disease or guess the patient's diagnosis before they state it.  Yes we are complete nerds, but what do you expect from a couple that is in the medical field?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh!! I totally do that. With ER, call me old school but I love it and own the first nine season. Shane gets very educated watching it with me because I'll pause it and tell him what's going to happen and then we watch it. Hilarious. Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete