Monday, April 2, 2012

Some Conference Fun

     Nothing is better then General Conference weekend! It is always such a special treat since it only comes twice a year, its almost as good as Christmas haha jk.  The best part about General Conference is the feeling/motivation to start over and become a better person in every way possible. You can't complain about "Pajama Sunday" either!  Unfortunately, we could not take Saturday off to just watch Conference so our Saturday morning started very early as usual since now we are both cramming for our tests on Mondays and the kitchen table looked like this....

  A lot of Conference with a little bit of Pharmacokinetics for me and Pharmacology for Ryan (nerds!)  I would like to say that I studied really well but lets be honest I listened more then anything.  Do not worry though folks, Ryan and I both pulled A's on our tests!

     After the 2 Saturday sessions, we went over to our friends home for a little BBQ they put on before the Priesthood session.  It was nice to pretend to be normal on Saturday but shortly after we were back at hitting the books.  But then Sunday came around and let me tell you IT WAS THE BEST SUNDAY EVER!!!  We slept in till 6 am!!! haha We are so lame we did NOT set an alarm clock and both of us were wide awake at 6 am (our usual get up time) but do not worry we refused to let out weekly activities take over our one day weekend so we forced ourselves to fall asleep and wake up around 8:15, brutal, we know.  I wanted to try out a new Cinnamon Roll recipe that used vanilla pudding that I found via Pinterest, you can find it here.  They were amazing!  I think this is one of our favorites!  The bread is so moist and it is a really easy recipe.  I made the full batch and then froze half of the rolls for a rainy I mean sunny day.


     Another crazy thing occurred this weekend, it was Ryan and I's 2 year celebration of our first date, right after we got home form Peru!  Pretty crazy to think that 2 years have passed.  On our first date we went and ate and one of our favorite Mexican restaurants, followed with the movie "The Last Song" haha I loved the show and yes I picked out the chick-flick, and then we dyed Easter eggs!  My family has always dyed Easter eggs, it is a big thing, but little to my knowledge this was Ryan's first time of dying eggs, I couldn't believe it!  So to help go back to some fun memories we dyed Easter eggs (thanks mom for the kits) Sunday afternoon and reminisced haha



Ryan's "eye" egg

I told you it was Pajama Sunday along with no make up! don't judge

Our finished project

     It was so fun to look back 2 years ago and see how much Ryan and I have really grown to be best friends and how much our lives have changed for the better.  I know everyone says that but really, Ryan and I were headed down completely different paths, but because of both of our firm testimonies of the gospel and knowing how to listen to the spirit we were able to find each other.  It only took 4652 miles away from our homes in Idaho to Peru to put us together.  Some may say it was by luck, but we know it wasn't.  This weekend has allowed us to look back and see how much our Heavenly Father really does love us and blesses our lives daily.  We are truly thankful for the true and everlasting Gospel of Jesus Christ that is here on this Earth and to be members of it.  There are times Ryan and I just look at each other and we say all the time "When will this crazy life of school ever end?  When will we have time for Us? or to just be normal?"  We have realized that life will never not be crazy, but I found this quote from President Gordon B. Hinkley that has helped Ryan and I get through this time in our life.

"You will come to know that what appears 
today to be a sacrifice
will prove instead to be the greatest investment 
that you will ever make"

     I am so grateful to have stumbled across this quote, there could have not been a greater inspiration and motivation given to us to get through these next 2 years knowing that what we are doing for our future life/family is the right thing.  We are so thankful for our testimonies of knowing that Christ lives and that he is in our lives daily.


No comments:

Post a Comment