Sunday, March 24, 2013

Lately

     Welp, nothing crazy or new has been going on in our household  So here is a little catch up of what has been going on.

     Ryan finished a month of Sports Medicine Orthopedic Surgery and loved it!  He loved every waking minute of it.  Ryan has had a good attitude about all his rotations, but it is so nice to see him enjoy waking up early and coming home to tell me stories.  He loved the surgeries and the doctor he was with.  As Ryan puts it "He loves to cut people."  School is currently pretty crazy busy for me.  This is my hardest quarter and I am feeling it, but just taking it one day/test at a time.

     Ryan and I have been playing on a softball intramural team with our friends and love it! It is nice to get out and enjoy the weather....sorry no current action photos, but I will try to work on that.

     I think I may have mentioned awhile ago about my new church calling in Cub Scouts as a Bear Den Leader.  It has been an eye opener, but I can say I am starting to love it.  It is fun to be out doing something different once a week with the boys.  The other day we had a bike safety night where we learned about the bike parts, arm signals, had the boys do an obstacle course, and then we took them on a little road ride to a convenient store and got some slushies!  It is definitely a work in progress, but it is a fun calling.


     We enjoyed a fun evening with some of our friends and went to the Coyotes hockey game!  It was my first and was so much fun.  We had great seats and I think I am in love with hockey games, it is the only sporting event that I know of that is indoors, but because the temperature is so cold in there they serve hot chocolate!  Talk about heaven!  We will definitely be hitting up more games.


     I was able to go to Idaho for a very quick trip over the weekend to do some celebrating.  My best friend from pharmacy school in Idaho got married and sealed in the Bountiful, Utah temple.  I had never been there, but it was a beautiful temple!  I am so happy for her!  It was a beautiful sealing and she looked amazing.  Sometimes it only takes hours when meeting someone that you know you will be friends for eternity.


     Also while in Idaho we had a family celebration for my Dad's 60th birthday!  It was so fun and great to be with family.  My dad has always had a killer mustache and I thought it would only be reasonable to celebrate his 60th with a mustache cake and an I-phone.  Isn't he the cutest man ever?  I think so.




Happy 60th Pappy!  Sure do love you!








No comments:

Post a Comment