Sunday, June 5, 2011

Jammin' Time

     WE LOVE HOMEMADE JAM!  Yep that is all that I have to say.  It is like candy to me, literally since it has like 4 cups of sugar in it!  I did not quite know that it had that much till Ryan and I decided to make our own Raspberry and Strawberry Jam.  My mom has been making it with my sisters all week and my mother in-law made some before we went to Idaho, so Ryan and I felt left out and decided to do it on our own.  We don't have much food storage for being graduate students but we decided that if things get bad, we will just live on our Jam! haha

     It was a lot of fun.  I enjoy that Ryan likes to cook and bake with me.  I grew up with my dad cooking a lot and I enjoyed those times with him and now I get to enjoy/laugh a lot with Ryan in the kitchen.
Mashing the Raspberries
Stirring the Sugar, Pectin, and Water
Filling the containers
WaLa! The Amazing finished project
Yes, I am very proud 

2 comments:

  1. I love that you guys made jam.... you'll have to have ryan make you a gummy worm pizza sometime with tart n' tiny's...haha. You guys look like you're doing well. I think we should all get together when you guys come visit Idaho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Austin told me y'all made jam! I'm jealous... I've been wanting to make some for a while now. Maybe now Austin will be begging me to make some since because he thought yours was amazing!!

    ReplyDelete