Sunday, June 12, 2011

Our First Scorpion!

     It was the worst time of my life.  I'll set up the scene.  It was about 11 pm Friday night and we were just about to head to bed when I thought I saw something on our dining wall.  It looked like a dragonfly or a big bug to me.  It was right at the top corner, so I figured it was something that flies to get up there.  Of course I make Ryan go and check it out, and all I remember him say is, "Kal, we have our first scorpion!"  Now I grew up as a farm girl and not a lot of stuff freaks/grosses me out, but the fact that it was IN my house freaked me out!   It is a law down here that apartment complexes have to spray for cockroaches, scorpions, and spiders every week and if you find anything crawling around in your apartment they have to come and fumigate it for you.
     So Ryan, the "man" that he is goes and puts on his hiking boots haha and grabs a spatula.  Our plan of attack was to whack it with a spatula and then once it fell on the ground to stomp on it.  Before we did all of this, while we were just staring at it, we looked on the internet about them.  The internet said that they can live through a lot of "beating" so make sure you really stomp on it good.  Here are a few pictures of the event...

The Scorpion
Analyzing what to do
haha I just laugh at this picture
The Nasty Devil is Dead!
     Needless to say the next morning we marched right over to the office of our apartment and told them about it.  They were really surprised that it was in our house, but do not worry folks our place is getting fumigated on Friday! So all you people that plan on coming to visit us, our house will be safe by then!

     On a much happier note, I teach primary CTR 6 and I have grown to really love my kids.  It was a little challenging at first, but it has turned out to be a lot of fun for me and for Ryan when he comes and visits us.  But the kids have been doing really good and they memorized a scripture for me so I asked them what kind of cupcakes they would like.  A lot of the kids are into "Angry Birds" a video/ipod game  ( i have never played but Ryan plays it and so do his buddies) so I figured I could do that for them.  I found a blog about a lady who made her son angry bird cupcakes so I copied her.  They turned out pretty good!  It was a lot of fun with Ryan to make them and the kids loved them!
Making the birds
Final product
The whole crew

3 comments:

  1. Wow Kali! Ok, first of all, could you get much luckier than to have a knight in shining armor with hiking boots and a spatula. I mean WOW! I'm glad he was there to save the day! And i am seriously impressed with those cupcakes! they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously this farm girl would have been freaking out too!! Ahhh it gives me the chills. Hope fumigation goes well.

    ReplyDelete