Sunday, March 4, 2012

CYA in 2 Years Jordy!

     Since we had a week long break from school, it was time to go to Idaho to see Jordan one last time before he left to serve his mission!  It somehow worked out perfect with our school schedules/break to see him off.  He is such an amazing kid!  Growing up with only girls in the family, I never really got to experience what it was like to see someone really prepare to go and serve a mission.  Jordan grew so much from the first time I had met him.  He will be the greatest missionary ever!  I can't believe that when he comes back it will almost be time for Ry and I to GRADUATE!!!

     I told Jordan that I would make him his favorite treat for his farewell, so we came up with cake balls!  WE made Red Velvet with cream cheese frosting, Chocolate with rainbow chip frosting, and strawberry with strawberry frosting.  It was pretty delectable and we had a fun time making them.

The finished project, we had 2 plates full!

     We had an awesome time when Jordan came down to visit and hang out with Ry and I in AZ.  The first time I met Jordan was down in Peru, he went on the same medical mission and Ry and I.  He helped me get acquainted with Ryan...haha.  I have gotten to know the kid so well and we are really going to miss him!  The two year time span is completely different when you really know the person leaving.  I've experienced friends/cousins who served missions, but with family it is different and means a lot more.  Thanks Jordan for being such a good example to Ryan and I and for helping us be better people and for making us always laugh!  Of course we had to try and get some photos.....but as you can see looking at the photos that Ryan and Jordan never quite cooperate at the same time....family trait?



And of course Ryan always gets in trouble!

     For one last final fun expenditure with Jordan, we had to go and ride horses!  The weather wasn't to bad that day, just slightly windy for Idaho, but it was a lot of fun!  Morgan just came home from the Dominican Republic 2 months ago, so it was his first time out there.  Of course lil' Tanner man showed everyone what to do!

Ryan and Tanner with the BIG gloves





     It was such a fun time to be with Jordan and the Finn's before Jordan left!  Thanks again Jordan for all of the fun laughs!  We will miss you, but CYA in 2 Years!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment