Friday, March 23, 2012

Piano Time!

    I know I know I keep telling everyone how crazy busy, boring, and studious our lives our for this big Spring Quarter and I am sure you guys just roll your eyes thinking we are lying out of our teeth....maybe we are??? Trust me we aren't it literally sucks, but only 8 more weeks of this nonsense!  Yes, this girl here is counting down every day.  Anyways we were able to give 2 hours to some fun last weekend.  The Dental program here at Midwestern did a fundraiser for their class and since pretty much all dentists are Mormon they got none other than John Schmidt and Steven Sharp Nelson aka The Piano Guys to come and do a concert! IT WAS AMAZING!!! The best 2 hours ever! Ryan and I did not want it to end (not just because we didn't want to go back to studying) but the music was amazing.  Ryan is always playing John Schmidt piano songs and I have all of his cds.  If you have never heard of them YouTube them now!  Phenomenal!  John Schmidt is an amazing pianist and Steven Nelson is the most talented musician ever, he plays the cello and about 9 other instruments.




     Needless to say we have all of The Piano Guys cds now and all of Steven Nelson's solo cello cds, seriously phenomenal!  Here is a link to go and watch one of my favorite songs called Moonlight by Nelson, he plays the drums, piano, cello, and electric cello for this whole song!
   
     One of my favorite things about that night was to see the joy and emotion these guys have when playing.  Like I have said before Ryan has way more music ability then me but I can play the piano well and I tell you I seriously have never been more inspired in my life (even more inspired then to play college ball) to become a better pianist and to have music fill my whole life.  I love that it is something that Ryan and I both share and have in common.

     On a random side note, do not worry the Leprechauns came to our house to celebrate St. Patty's day and left me with this treasure.....haha Ryan and his Pot O' Gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment