Sunday, July 3, 2011

Celebrating in SEDONA

     After 4 weeks of pharmacy school, it was time for tests.  My schedule has a set time for tests every Tuesday and Thursday morning along with any other tests during the week.  This is/was the only hard week I have this quarter besides Finals week.  The week contained of 4 tests, 3 quizzes and 1 paper.  Needless to say I accomplished everything with an A and Smile!  It was a very stressful week, but it gave me a lot of respect for Ryan.  During his first year of medical school I could recall numerous times where he had at least 3 tests in one week and then 6 tests during finals!  He gave me a few pointers which helped me out quite a bit.  I am very Thankful for my supportive husband.  I have felt very guilty this summer starting up school again while it is his LAST SUMMER of FUN, but we have been able to play a lot.  School has not been that bad and now that I have my "bad" week behind me there is all but more fun to come!
     We decided to get out of the hot heat of 115 degrees and head to SEDONA!  It is only 80 minutes away from us, about 20 degrees cooler, and 4000 feet higher then Phoenix.  We stopped at the Ranger Station and got all of the information needed and off we were to explore.  Sedona is amazing and beautiful.  We decided it is like Sun Valley, Idaho and Jackson Hole, Wyoming.  Ryan and I thought that since it was our first time to Sedona we should go on one of the trails that will give an over look of the whole valley.  So of course THAT trail was the longest and the highest in elevation, 7000 feet! Why not, Right?  It was a lot of fun and needless to say 8 miles later we were ready to shower!


We noticed this random cone mountain in the middle of the valley
Taking a Little Break
     It was around 100 degrees when we started hiking at 11 am.  I know, I know who starts to hike when the day gets hot?  WE DO!  If you want a good workout why not during the mid heat of the day!
We thought these trees looked like Dr. Seuss trees, Ryan's is red
Mine is Yellow!
Here is one of the first look out points about 2 miles in
Ryan celebrating
Kali celebrating
     One thing you will notice in the landscape pictures is how bad the SMOG is! It is so sad that all of that smog comes from Phoenix/Maricopa County!  You can not get a very clear view anywhere, even 80 miles away.  Next we had another 2 miles to go to get to the very top.
Picture from the top at 7000 feet


  
     On the way home, we got stuck on the freeway for about 45 minutes due to the winds tipped over a Semi Truck.  We actually experienced Idaho 30-50 mph winds! It was pretty crazy.  We were ready to get home and SHOWER.  I could feel the red and black sand/dirt get into my socks the whole hike.  I think the picture says it all....

     100 degrees + sweat + loose dirt/sand= dirty legs and toes, well at least Kali's toes and a much needed shower for the both of us.  We bought an annual pass for parking for up in Sedona.  There are around 50 to 100 hikes, some more famous then others, but we are sure we are going to conquer all of them.


2 comments:

  1. KALI!!! Why didn't you tell me you had a freaking blog! AHH! I can't believe it! It will be so good to keep up to date with you :). love and miss you girly

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are crazy to be hiking in that much heat! Looks like fun though!

    ReplyDelete