Sunday, September 4, 2011

Much Needed Vacation

     After a crazy first quarter of Pharmacy school, I can say I finihed with all A's, woohoo!  Only 7 more quarters to go and then a year of rotations.  I took my last final at 8 am on Thursday and then we flew to Utah at noon to start up our 10 day vacation with my side's family reunion.  I think Ryan was a little nervous.  I have a very big family on my mom's side and we are all really close and a bunch of "rednecks" in Ryan's eyes.  We usually are always camping and playing in the mountains in Idaho, but this year it was held up Provo Canyon, Utah at Timpanogus Lodge.  I personally think that I have the coolest family ever and I am pretty sure Ryan now agrees after spending a few days with them, haha.  This Reunion was unique in the fact that it was dedicated to my Grandmother who just passed away this past spring.  I was able to learn a lot about my grandparents life.

     We went to 7 Peaks swimming resort for a day.  It was a lot of fun.  Everyone thought it was way hot but we enjoyed the 90 degree weather without breaking a sweat.

Jami and Harper Jo
Gunner wasn't very excited to go down the slide
     The next day we went to Timpanogus Caves in the morning.  It was a fun hike and very interesting.

Taking a drinking after the hike up

Inside the caves, Ryan looks high in this pictures
My Sister and Me
In the background Ryan is pointing to the largest Stalactite, it weighs over 2 TONS!

My niece Dakota, Jami, and I
     I just love our family reunions.  My Aunts and mom are some of the best bakers ever, so of course we ate tons and tons of food.  It is so nice to be with family.  There was a lot of chatting and late nights of sleep.
     After the reunion, we headed up to good ole Idaho!  This is my favorite time of the year, HARVEST!  I love harvest, Ryan not so much since he is pretty much allergic to anything, but I am working on that.  I love all of the rolling hills of golden grain and barley, seeing green fields of potatoes and sugar beets, and the best part is the smell of Fresh Cut Hay, nothing can beat that.  If I could find a candle that smelt like that, trust me we would have one in every room!  We headed up to Island Park to hang out in our cabins for a few days.
     I am trying to get into road biking like Ryan is.  So we took some Specialized bikes up to Island Park to take a few rides.  Lets just say the bike I road is worth more $$$$ than I am worth, like $4000 worth.


   
     I was sold after the first bike ride, the only problem is they are a little out of our price range, we will see what happens.   The next thing was Ryan trying to convince me that "Fake" Horse power aka Dirt Bikes are more fun then real horses.  Pretty sure he didn't win but they were a lot of fun.
Ryan
Jordy giving me a "pep" talk on how to ride
     We ate a lot of food and had a lot of fun just relaxing and enjoying all of the trees and clean air.  We headed back home after a few days.  Ryan and I were able to take his little nephew Tanner for the morning, so we went horse riding!

     Tanner loves my horses.  It reminds me of when I was little kid and riding horses since I could walk.  I can't wait for when we are able to have our own horses for our kids to grow up on.  

Tanner on Rival and Ryan on Danny
     The horses love when Tanner comes because they get more grain then normal....


     Tanner also loves my dad's mule, so Ryan and him took a few drives out in the field...


     Then we had to water the garden....

Haha this is my favorite picture cause of how he is holding the hose!
     It was so much fun to spend the morning with Tanner and riding horses.  We played everyday!  It was such a fun vacation, but it was coming to an end as always.  We ended the week with Ryan's new niece Kennedy's baby blessing.

     It was probably the best trip to Idaho so far for myself.   We will be back in 12 weeks (after our trip to cancun, woohoo) I am so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment