Sunday, September 18, 2011

Bake Day Sunday

     Right now our life is pretty scheduled.  Nothing new happens besides throwing in a few tests here or there in a week.  We have the same routine over and over again.  When people call and ask us what we are up to, I tell them "I will give you one guess".....homework.  Even though our life is pretty nonchalant right now, we sure do love learning.  School is intense, but we are both finally starting to feel like this $45,000 times 2 per year is starting to pay off....haha.
     Sunday is pretty much our favorite day.  Ryan and I do not study on Sunday and it is our NO School Day, just OUR day!  I look forward to Sunday once Monday starts.  I also have very little time to bake during the week so of course we have to bake on Sunday.  Today I taught Ryan how to make homemade Oreos!  They are delicious!

     This is how Ryan makes the Oreos, by siting on the couch watching football

     And the final product....

     I love pumpkin anything and since fall is here with 100 degree weather I decided that it is time to start baking the pumpkin yummies!  We made Pumpkin Whoopie Pies! (aka pumpkin oreos)  And they are really DELICIOUS!  Here is the recipe that I used.  I tried to make the frosting in this recipe but the heat down here in AZ just did not let it sit up very good so I used good ole Pillsbury cream cheese frosting.
Ryan making the batter

   
     Here are some of the pumpkin Oreos, I didn't get a picture of all of them.  We gave some to our friends who came over for Sunday dinner.  Overall it has been a great Sunday and only 7 more weeks left of school til Thanksgiving break!

No comments:

Post a Comment