Sunday, October 16, 2011

Always better to "Look Up"

     This past conference was amazing! It goes by so fast, but it is by far my favorite weekend of the fall.  Even though saturday is our big study day it was a nice excuse to pretend to be studying but instead being fed by the spirit. The talk from Elder Carl B. Cook  has totally brought a new light to my life that keeps me going.  There are times I feel I get caught up in all the homework, studying for tests, church callings, making sure I get my 60 minutes of working out in and just daily life things.  I tend to "look down" on all of those things.  This article, you can read here, has brought more joy into my life these past few weeks.

 Elder Cook goes on to say, 
"The door opened and someone entered, but I didn’t look up. As the door closed, I heard someone ask, “What are you looking at down there?” I recognized that voice—it was President Thomas S. Monson.  I quickly looked up and responded, "Oh nothing."  But he had seen my subdued countenance and my heavy briefcase. He smiled and lovingly suggested, while pointing heavenward, “It is better to look up!” As we traveled down one more level, he cheerfully explained that he was on his way to the temple. When he bid me farewell, his parting glance spoke again to my heart, “Now, remember, it is better to look up.”"

     There are so many times like these in my day or week, where i just feel burdened with a load, but if I just take the time to remember to "look up" life is always better.

No comments:

Post a Comment