Sunday, July 31, 2011

Arizona=Officially Our Home

     I can't believe that today JULY 31 is exactly ONE whole year since we moved down here.  I remember the day exactly.  The "monsoon" season was going on in AZ. The night before we drove to Flagstaff and stayed in a dumpy hotel, haha. (great memories)  It was raining super hard and all night long.  Flagstaff was a false idea of what AZ would be.  I remember thinking, oh I can live here, there are pine trees and mountains.  But when we woke up to make the 2 hour drive left to Glendale, it was cloud cover and rainy and a big scenery of CACTI.  So lucky for us with all of the seasons and beautiful weather going on we moved on a day that was 115 degrees and around 80% humidity.  Let me tell you, when we got out of the cars and started moving I was wondering what I got into!!!!  After the first trip up the stairs with a load of stuff my shirt was drenched!  My poor parents were troopers and helped us move in.  I thought they were never ever going to come and see me down here (well at least in the summer time).  But we moved into our home, Sage Stone.

     Growing up I thought I was going to stay in Idaho FOREVER!  I love Idaho, who would want to move from a place that has 4 beautiful seasons, mountains, rolling hills, and my favorite part farmland.  AZ has definitely been a big change for the both of us, but good.  We have to come to love it here and THESE ARE A FEW OF OUR FAVORITE THINGS.........
HEAT!!!
Tarantulas, even though we have never seen them I STILL HATE THEM
Scorpions! Yes we did have one in our house, but thankfully we are scorpion free now
Cicadias, they are bugs that flap their wings and make a sound like a lawn mower.  They flap to keep themselves cool but are super annoying and live in like every tree in the summer time.
Nasty Cockroaches, luckily nothing in our home but have stepped on a few purposely outside
     We have made some great friends here and can't believe that a whole year has gone by.  Now we are both students and about to be very busy.  We are very thankful for this move and we know that our Heavenly Father chose this great place for us to start our lives together.

No comments:

Post a Comment