Sunday, July 17, 2011

My Distractions....

     I never realized how much I loved having the time to do anything and everything I wanted in a day.  Having this last year off waiting to start pharmacy school back up gave me a lot of free time when I was not working.  But now being back in school it has been an adjustment for me to not waste my time when I have it.  This brings me to last week.  I had a pharmaceutical calculation test last Thursday and I was trying to be a good student/wife and get all of my studying done early so we could play that night.  Of course I was doing good until I started to hear some pounding in our spare room.  So of course that drew me to the room and I see Ryan playing the piano.  I LOVE watching and hearing Ryan play the piano.  He is a very talented when it comes to music.  He has an amazing bass voice, plays the guitar very well, and a great piano player.  I can play the piano as well, but lets just say that I hope all of our kids get Ryan's music ability.
     So, on with the story I tell Ryan to unplug the head phones and of course to play out loud.  I bring all of my study material into the room and listen to Ryan pound on the piano.  What he didn't know is that while he thought I was being studious, I wasn't, and I snuck in a few recordings of him.   Before I realized probably 30 to 45 minutes went by and no studying was done, but a deeper love grew for my husband with his many talents.  Here is a video that I shot of Ryan playing singing one of my favorite songs.  He did not know I was taking it so he does not end the song real well, but you get the idea.



     Another distraction I have besides Ryan playing the piano, is just Ryan.  I never know what he is going to do next.  Ryan can't sit still very well anyways but his brain is working a million miles a second.  So I asked Ryan to get a bandana for me for my primary lesson, and this is what I get...
   
     Meet COWBOY RYAN!  He is always telling me how I am turning him into a cowboy.  He always makes me laugh and keeps me on my toes!  I deal with this on a daily basis.

     Well, I only have 4 more weeks left and then finals and I am done with my first quarter at Midwestern.  1 down, only 7 more quarters to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment