Thursday, July 12, 2012

Couldn't Be Prouder

     Well folks the results are in for the USMLE (MD Boards) that Ryan took.  This was his first test out of the two he took a few weeks ago.  I couldn't be prouder of Ryan.  This was the first time that Ryan really challenged himself to see what he was capable of.  I am so glad that his hard work payed off for him and gave him the confidence that he deserves.  Since starting in January preparing for these boards, I think I underestimated how hard the boards would be and how much time they would require of him.  But he stuck to his schedule of 3-4 hours everyday with school work and then at the mid to end of May it was all day, every day for 14-15 hours.  I think it takes a lot of will power to make yourself stay at the kitchen table or library for that long of time, wake up and then do it all over again.  I promise folks, there was NO fun time for the both of us during these last weeks.

     So his results came Wednesday morning, I was expecting a text since he was in rotations, but instead I got a phone call at lunch telling me that I needed to log into his account and tell him his score! I was so scared!! I didn't want to be the one to inform him.  I think I gave him a little scare when I saw the score and read all the information about how well he did, while he was waiting on the phone.  The first words out of my mouth were "You Passed!"  haha good one right?  Then I start to say "OMG Are You Kidding Me?"  Pretty sure he had a heart attack thinking it was bad, but instead he did AMAZING!!!!!  So of course my baking skills kicked in to celebrate and I surprised him with some Strawberry Shortcake....


     Our good friends, the Horrocks's invited us out to celebrate with them the big and exciting news so we hit up probably one of the best restaurants ever!  This place was so nice that they had valet parking! haha we were in Scottsdale.  I had no idea what was going on when someone else besides my husband opened my door.  But here it is....everyone has to eat here at least once in their life time.  Thanks Horrock's for brightening our life with this great place.


     Ryan had probably the best Filet Mignon he has ever had and I had two lobster tails, they were delicious.  We shared some gourmet Mac & Cheese and Twice Baked Potato. Ryan was so excited for his steak in this picture, hence my laughing....



     We are still waiting for Ryan's COMLEX (DO boards) score which should be coming up in a week, but we are hopeful he did well there too!  Thanks family and friends for all of your prayers and fasts to help us get through and for all of the positive thoughts headed our way.  Even though we are 800 or so miles away from our family, they really help us get through.

     Ryan also started his first rotation in family medicine, this means no more basketball shorts to wear but to actually look professional.  Last Christmas and for his birthday he got a lot of new "professional" shirts to look the part.  I took pictures of his first day....I say pictures because as you will see he gives me his "model" poses first and then finally a normal picture.  Folks this is what I deal with daily....


     Things are going pretty good for us, I am just enjoying two weeks off from rotations and then I start up a rotation end of July.  Ryan is getting used to being on his feet, but is enjoying not being in school. Thanks again friends and family for all of the help and support these last couple of months.

1 comment:

  1. We are so proud of you Ryan! and Kali for putting up with that!

    ReplyDelete