Saturday, July 28, 2012

One More Celebration for July

     I am pretty sure looking back this whole month of July has just been one big celebration.  We started off going to Idaho for 10 days and that within itself is a celebration with all the delicious food consumed and family, the 4th of July, Ryan's national board scores for MD and DO, Ryan's 27th birthday, and now.....Our 2 Year Anniversary on July 23rd!!!!!  Needless to say on July 31 will be another celebration of our 2 year mark for moving/living in Arizona.  It is so crazy to see how fast time flies by.  It is pretty crazy to think that for pretty much the first 10 years of our marriage will be all consumed with graduate school for the both of us and residency, haha we joke about not knowing if we are going to be able to make it when we are finally done with school/residency, since that is all we know and have gone through together.


     Marriage is truly an amazing thing.  Everyone always tells your how "hard it is" but to be honest when you marry your best friend and both people are willing to put their spouse before themselves...marriage is just plain awesome.  Neither of us would take back any of our dating experiences and the things we learned from them, but when pondering over these last 2 years, I think of how much more fun and better life is with your best friend and why I didn't find them sooner?  As everyone says, "There is a time and season for everything."

     Ryan and I came upon this quote floating around on the internet and pretty sure it describes us to the T.  "I love being married. It's so great to find one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life."  Life is great and life is fun!




     We decided to celebrate the day, thanks to Ryan's preceptor for the idea, of Cheesecake Factory and then The Dark Knight Rises.  It was such a fun night and so fun to have it just be us with no school (no school does not mean no medical talk).






     I think one of my favorite things to look back on is to see how much you grow and change in the past year due to your spouse.  Ryan has definitely helped me achieve better qualities and has made me a more understanding person.  I unfortunately have rubbed off some of my competitiveness to him so now EVERYTHING is a competition.  But some of the best counsel given to us before the big decision to seal the deal was "Marriage should make you a better person".  Pretty sure that has stayed with me everyday and I am thankful for that counsel given to us.











No comments:

Post a Comment