Thursday, July 3, 2014

Arizona Goodbye BBQs

     One of the biggest blessings that Ryan and I received while in Arizona was friendship.  Arizona itself has some of the best people I know, but going through the many hard times that occur during graduate school, it is nice to have a shoulder to lean on.

     To be honest I didn't really want to go or make a BBQ happen, because I was having a hard time admitting that we were leaving.  Our 4 years was up in Arizona and I was in complete denial.  I didn't think that I would fall in love with Arizona like I did, it became Ryan and I's home.  I gained some dear friendships, that will never be replaced.

     The first BBQ was with some medical school buddies.  We had a lot of different "groups" of friends that we would hang out with.  These girls were so much fun and just full of laughter.  In this little group, some of our friends are going to U of F for general surgery, OSU for dermatology, staying in AZ for a dental job, Ohio for ortho and so forth.





     The next BBQ was with many other dear friends.  Some medical school friends, optometry, dental, pharmacy and so forth.  We just got together at one of our local Dos Lagos Park for a meal.  We also had the sister missionaries come and join us!





I sure will miss these ladies.  Arizona definitely has a HUGE place in my heart.  SO many fun girl nights, dinners, pedicures, movie nights, pool time, and so much laughter.


     Another BBQ was with our original group of medical buddies.  All the boys met on the first day and sat with each other for the rest of the 4 years.  Unfortunately not everyone could make the last pool night shindig.



     These became some of my dearest friends.  SO many late night talk, Sonic runs, Yogurtology, dinner dates, sunday dinners, visiting teaching and so on.  Definitely going to miss these ladies, still a little upset that we only got 2 years together, but that was enough time to make a friendship for eternity.


     Our last, but not least was the Midwestern University Medical School Goodbye banquet.  Once again not everyone was able to make it but the majority of our group did.  It was a fancy banquet at Westgate in a nice hotel, but lets be honest, I would have been just fine with some Texas Roadhouse.  We all pretty much left after the dinner.  I think you could say we were ready to be done with medical school.

Here is where the gang is headed:

Austin and Jackie Horrocks, UT San Antonio for Anesthesia 

Jordan and Sadie Simpson, University of Arkansas for Pediatrics

Lee and Khyra Babbel, San Antonio Air Force, Anesthesia

Tyler and Missy Roe, UT San Antonia, Anesthesia

The Finns, UMASS, Anesthesia


This 4 year journey has been an incredible one.  So many great people in this world and we were able to make so many friendships.  Im very thankful that Ryan sat by these guys on the first day of school. We will miss you Arizona, thanks for the love!

No comments:

Post a Comment